Sunday 20 November 2016

NaNoWriMo 2016

In theory I've been participating in NaNoWriMo this month, but up until a few days ago I was only getting a few hundred words per day. Mostly it was too much to do at work and needing to rest from it on weekends, but then I realized another problem was that I wasn't happy with the story and not sure where to take it. So I picked a different story and now am excited about it.

I'm up over 5k on the new story, and since NaNo lets you count deleted words too (if you're too compulsive to just leave them in), the total just hit 10k. 5k in 16 days vs 5k in 4 is a big improvement, and today is not over yet. Things will slow down during the week, I imagine, but maybe I can get up to 1000 per day -- there's still a lot of stuff to get done at work up until the end of classes on Dec 2.

I'm not likely to hit 50k, since my average--per-day is only up to about 12-1300 instead of the 2200 I need to catch up, but I plan (hope?) to keep going in December, which I haven't done in previous years. Keeping writing after NaNo is apparently a problem for a lot of people, so avoiding a hiatus is actually progress on my part, even without completing a novel in November.

If you're also doing NaNoWriMo, I wish you the best of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment